Extended notifications and UWL- no notifications created/sent

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Thu Jun 17 16:15:28 EDT 2010

Hi workflow gurus,

I am trying to configure extended notifications to work with UWL. Problem is the notifications are not saved or sent by SWN_SELSEN.

Our SAP system is Netweaver 7.0 EhP 1.

I followed instructions found here:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/ad/d64842d59fb430e10000000a155106/content.htm

However, we already had configured the workflow to use extended notifications with SAPGUI. So when I ran SWN_SELSEN, the old notification still showed up, but not the UWL version. So I deleted the schedule for the old configuration, thinking there might be interference. Again I created a work item and ran SWN_SELSEN, this time no notifications saved or sent. I found that I could run RSWNUWLSEL and the notification is saved, but not sent.

Also, I just created a new work item but this time ran SWN_SELSEN_TEST for scenario id 'UWL' and schedule id 'UWL_DELTA'. It created and saved the notification, but reported "0 due delivery schedules found" and "0 relevant subscriptions found" - but the config instructions say not to configure these for UWL?

Any idea what the problem might be?

Also I noticed that in the Workflow Book (2nd ed.) it shows to update the General Settings in SWNCONFIG with a url for the UWL. But I don't see that instruction in the SAP Help? Do I still need to do that? If so, is that url a portal quicklink to the UWL iView?

For what it's worth, here is what we are trying to accomplish:
1) the links in the email should take the user to the UWL, not WebGUI
2) for a user decision, currently the user has to login with their backend system password, which may not be the same as their network password (and thus they might not know it); I'm assuming that if the links now go to the UWL, it will require the user's portal id/password - which is synchronized with their network password, and that is what we want.

So if just putting the UWL url in the general settings will do the job, then why do I need all that stuff in the SAP Help (RSWNUWLSEL, etc.) anyway?

Any enlightenment would be appreciated!

(I also just posted this in the workflow forum on SDN ... if it's bad form to cross-post, then my apologies!)

Thanks,

Margaret

Margaret Hilsbos
Business Systems Analyst
Day & Zimmermann, Inc.
(215) 299-5630
margaret.hilsbos at dayzim.com<mailto:margaret.hilsbos at dayzim.com>

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.