Agent Determination using Rule from cost center

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Wed Jun 16 14:21:01 EDT 2010

Hello All,

This question concerns agent determination and the org structure (HRP1000
/ 1).  We have many business scenarios where a workflow begins with a cost
center and must make an agent determination based on this cost center and
a few other criteria.  So far, we have been using entirely custom function
modules to walk up and down the org structures to find the correct agents.
 I would like to simplify all this coding by using rules and evaluation
paths.

However, as I am looking at this I find that when a cost center assignment
is made via PPOME (our normal procedure) to say, a position (A011), the
inverse relationship is not made (B011) as it is for other types of org
assignments.  I believe it is therefore not possible to create an eval
path which starts with a cost center and finds org units / positions and
then agents.

Has anyone else run into this problem?  What is the solution?  Maybe there
is some customizing that can be done to ensure an inverse relationship is
made, or maybe there is a function module that begins with the related
object (SOBID) instead of the key object (OBJID) in HRP1001?

Your help is appreciated.  This has got to be an easy problem to solve and
I am just mis-googling it, but I cannot seem to find an answer.

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive
Vance, AL 35490
PHONE:  (205) 462 - 5239
EMAIL:   michael.mcley at daimler.com

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.