Event not triggering on Change Document

Kyle McCarter kmccarter at csc.com
Sat Jun 12 20:47:51 EDT 2010

Greetings WUGgers,

I have kept this initial request brief, but am happy to expound as
necessary. I know you are all busy, and will be grateful for any
assistance you can provide.

ISSUE:
Need to generate an event via Change Documents to Routings (BUS1012).
Specifically when PLKO-STATU is changed.

STEPS TAKEN:
1) Extended BUS1012 by creating sub-type ZWOBUS1012 with event
ZSTATUSCHANGED.

2) Identified the relevant change document object (PLAN) via tcode SCDO.

3. Entry in SWED was left unchanged:
        Chg Doc Object = PLAN
        Leading Table in CD = PLKO
        CD Key w/ Structure = CCPLN
        Create = X
        Change = X
        Delete = X
        Create Inst = <blank>
        Client Specific = X
        Structure = <blank>
        Function Module = <blank>

4) Created entry in SWEC:
        Chg Doc Object = PLAN
        Obj Category = BO
        Object Type = BUS1012
        Event = ZSTATUSCHANGED
        On Create = <blank>
        On Change = X
        On Delete = <blank>
with field restrictions:
        Table = PLKO
        Field = STATU
        Old Value = *
        New Value = *

All changes were saved to a change request.

Test:
1) Turn on event trace (SWELS)
2) Create a change to PLKO-STATU. I did this via CEWB.
3) Turn off event trace (SWELS).
4) Evaluate Trace (SWEL) - Nothing :(
5) Evaluate Change log via CDHDR & CDPOS. My changes appear as expected.

Question:
Why is my event not being raised? I expect to encounter additional issues,
Specifically, I will need to pass old and new values to the event
container and then the workflow container. However, I need to be able to
successfully raise this event first.

Any insights you may have are greatly appreciated.

The MadABAPper :)