Resubmit Icon in Workflow Inbox

Stephens, Monique S L moniques at bcm.tmc.edu
Wed Jun 9 15:20:56 EDT 2010

We are on ECC 6.0.  On the workflow inbox screen, there is an icon to resubmit a document.  I would like to make this icon disappear because it is causing problems for us.  I thought I could make it disappear with security since I saw the object in a security role (authorization object S_WF_WI; activity 12).  But, that did not seem to have any impact.

When a particular document is refused by the approver, it is sent back to the creator.  They need to go back through their workflow inbox in order to process the document and resend through the workflow process.  Some users have learned the process while others have not.  The correct process is to double-click on the document in workflow, make the changes, complete the document, and click a button "Complete Processing of Work Item".  This will move the document from the creator's inbox to their approver.  However, some users are clicking on the resubmit icon thinking it will send back through workflow.  All this button does (from what I have seen) is move the document out of the creator's inbox, puts it in a waiting status, and reappears in the creator's inbox on a specified date.

Any suggestions on how I can make the icon disappear?

Monique Stephens
Senior SAP Business Analyst
Baylor College of Medicine
713-798-1349