Question regarding common practices for setting up EDI System User in SAP

Viera, Miguel VieraM at dhcmc.com
Fri Jun 4 14:42:56 EDT 2010

Hello,

Wanted to know if anyone could shed some light on common practices for setting up an EDI System User in SAP regarding proper authorizations.  Our WF-Batch User is set-up with profiles SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW per recommendations by SAP.  Our EDI System User is currently set-up with profile SAP_ALL.  I believe we have the proper mitigating controls in place to ensure the EDI System User is not converted to a Dialog User.  Wanted to get some additional perspective from the experts if possible to add to our documentation for those auditors we have all come to love in our own special way.

Thanks for any insight you are able to provide.

Sincerely,

Miguel R. Viera
Deere-Hitachi C.M.C
SAP Business Analyst for FI-CO & SD Modules
Workflow Admin. & Winshuttle Template Designer
Phone: (336) 992-5759

"Let us realize that the privilege to work is a gift, that power to work is a blessing, that love of work is success." David O. McKay