Links in Extended notifications need to point to portal not backend

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Wed Jul 21 08:30:07 EDT 2010

Hi,

(I changed the subject line to make it more relevant to the actual issue - this thread began life as "Extended notifications and UWL- no notifications created/sent")

I built the simple BSP, as Mike suggested, to do the redirect. The redirect page works fine when I paste the link into the browser with an appropriate query string. The problem now is that I can't find where to change the extended notification to call my new portal iView that is based on the BSP. I tried changing the host values in SWNCONFIG general settings, but the resulting email is still building the url's for the user decision based on the swn_wiexecute BSP (i.e. same as before). As I think Jocelyn had noted previously, the host values in general settings are not the place to influence this.

So this is where I am stuck - how do we change the url that is called when a user clicks a user decision link in the extended notification emails? (The objective is to require the portal login credentials instead of the backend credentials when the user clicks a user decision link or execute/display work item.)

Some possible options I see are:

*       Custom message template (which I don't quite know how to do yet)
*       Enhance the standard message template (not sure if that will work)
*       Do away with the user decision links and embed the links in the email text (this is easier for one workflow, but more work if we want all workflows to work this way)

This seems like it is more difficult than it should be ... am I missing something basic? I am also wondering -
*       if there are any settings that can be made in SICF for the web service that would accomplish our objective
*       Is there something that can be done with visualization settings (SWFVISU) for the user decision task, so that it opens a webdynpro in the portal? (I haven't done anything that required SWFVISU yet, so I don't know it well, but it seems like it might be the intended approach)

Can anyone provide advice or suggestions?

Thanks!

Margaret Hilsbos
Business Systems Analyst
Day & Zimmermann, Inc.
(215) 299-5630
margaret.hilsbos at dayzim.com

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.