Transporting workflows from 4.6c to ECC6?

Catherall, Andy andy.m.catherall at cadbury.com
Thu Jan 14 08:03:44 EST 2010

Hi

Is it possible to [successfully] transport 4.6c workflow developments
(esp. WS objects) to ECC6?

We still have our 4.6c path-to-production, and we have our parallel ECC6
project landscape for the upgrade. Some urgent changes/fixes have been
made to a few of our production workflows, and these transports have
been cloned back into our ECC6 Dev & Sandbox systems.

That has not gone well... :o(

We have noticed two key features:
1) In most cases, the WS objects are not activating. There is no error,
nor any clear warning explaining why not.
2) In most cases, we have seen warnings along the following lines:

    different nametabs for table HRS1212
    different nametabs for table SWBRULECOU
    etc.
Clearly, the 'new' tables are of a different size to the 4.6c tables,
hence the offsets are incorrect.

However, in at least one example - involving two WS templates - the
activations did occur despite the warnings.

So, is there evidence/experience of successful transports of this nature
out there, and I just need to find the appropriate correction or fix?
Or, is this approach impossible?

I further note that we are only on SAPKB70103 - 4,5 & 6 exist, so I am
working my way through these notes to see if there are any solutions.
For example, note 1276795 may help, though it does not sound ideal.

Thanks again, guys!

Andy Catherall
Technical Analyst - SAP Workflow, IXOS & DMS

Int: 751 0556
Ext: +44 (0)121 486 0556
Mobile: +44 (0)7813 025481

The Cadbury Cocoa Partnership is working to secure the future of cocoa farming around the world. Cadbury Dairy Milk bars are now Fairtrade certified in the UK and Ireland. Visit http://www.cadbury.com/ to learn more.

Be part of our "Purple Goes Green" commitments and don't print this email.

This email (including any attachment) is confidential and may contain privileged information and is intended for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or receive it in error, you may not use, distribute, disclose or copy any of the information contained within it and it may be unlawful to do so. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning this email to us at mailto:mailerror at cadbury.com and destroy all copies.
Any views expressed by individuals within this email do not necessarily reflect the views of Cadbury Holdings Ltd or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates. This email does not constitute a binding offer, acceptance, amendment, waiver or other agreement, or create any obligation whatsoever, unless such intention is clearly stated in the body of the email. Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are free from viruses, recipients are advised to subject this email to their own virus checking, in keeping with good computing practice. We accept no liability for any damage sustained as a result of any viruses. Please note that email received by Cadbury Holdings Ltd or its subsidiaries or affiliates may be monitored in accordance with applicable law.
This email originates from Cadbury Holdings Ltd ("Cadbury") or Cadbury UK ("Cadbury UK") as the case may be.

Cadbury Holdings Ltd: registered in England and Wales, registered no. 52457
Registered office address: Cadbury House, Sanderson Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1DH United Kingdom. Telephone: +44 (0)1895 615000  Fax:+44 (0)1895 615001

Cadbury UK: a partnership of Cadbury UK Ltd, Trebor Bassett Ltd and The Old Leo Company Ltd. each of which is registered in England and Wales.
Principal trading address: Cadbury House, Sanderson Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1DH United Kingdom. Telephone: +44 (0)1895 615000  Fax:+44 (0)1895 615001