Portal - UWL Configuration - How to set the SAP GUI as default Launcher ?

Vivekananda Kesari Katakam kesari.katakam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 11:59:57 EST 2010

Dear All,

We have ECC and Portal ( SP4) integrated for workflows.

And We want to have the *"SAPTransactionLauncher"* as the default for
*all*UWL User Decision workitems , So that users can have the ECC look
and feel
for the workitems.

Could you please suggest on how to do this from Portal ? .

Also, we have seen that when a user decision is opened from UWL it is opened
in Java Webdynpro environment, but when it is opened as a subsequent step to
any other custom dialog workitem( transaction launcher ) , then even the
user decision is opened with ECC look and feel . So please help me to
understand how the Portal works with user decisions.

 ( please find attached 2 screen shots )

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Vivek.