Object visualisation calling Leave Request approval iview

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Tue Apr 20 08:45:41 EDT 2010

Hello Wuggers,

Bit of a tricky question I was hoping someone may be able to help with:

I am using object visualisation for a Z version of the Leave Request Class to launch the Leave Request Approval iView.  I have used this approach at a number of customers, and it was working at my current customer last week.

The entries I have in SWFVISU are:

ObjectType: Abap Class
Object Type: Zclass
Method: (no entry)
Visualisation Type: Java WD

Then for my visualisation I have:

APPLICATION LeaveRequestApprover
PACKAGE sap.com/ess~lea
SYSTEM_ALIAS SAP_WEBDYNPRO_XSS

Last week this enabled the object link (NOT THE TASK LINK) in the UWL to call the leave request approver iview .  This means I can then use a user decision in the workflow to enable mass approvals, but the user can also access the old screens if they want to (very nice, you should try it!).

Obviously I am re-registering and clearing the cache etc.

Some changes have been made and now when the URL is generated to call the iview it includes: wi_id null.  This now creates a '500 Internal Server Error' with a type conversion error for the WI_ID.

If I remove this WI_ID parameter the iview launches (admittedly without pressing the button next to the relevant item as WI_ID was not passed).

I can also add in the old style syntax to pass the WI_ID as a DYNPARAM, but in the generated URL this is in addition to the null value, and the null value still creates a 'Type conversion error' ... if I delete, the iView launches.

So, any ideas how I can stop the null value from preventing the iView from launching?
Did anyone ever work out where the object visualisation XML is hidden away?

Any help much appreciated!

Regards,

Mark