Wait Step for Unknown Object

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Wed Apr 7 15:10:41 EDT 2010

IT WORKS!!!!
IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!
IT REALLY ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!

Thanks to Paul and sap-wug-bounce.  Y'all are the bomb-diggity!

Just some further info (in case anyone else has this problem and so this
email isn't pure spam)
1. Had to subtype BUS2013 to my Z_BUS2013 and add an attribute of type
EKPO-MATNR.  SAP auto generated the "SELECT SINGLE ..." code that filled
the attribute with a material from 1 line item from the SA (no problem,
all our SA's only ever reference 1 material, we just change the SLOC).
Only a couple of minor mods to the generated code.
2. The OSS note you mentioned is not applied in our systems, but the
workaround included in the note got the wait step working.  This is
critical because in my case, the workflow broke at the process control
step - even though the problem was really in the wait step.  Once I did
the workaround everything worked as expected, but confusing at first.
3. I had not seen the second link Paul references, but that is the key. It
is very thorough (a couple of errors and assumptions, but figure-outable).
4. Tested the positive case (created an SA referencing the material) as
well as the negative case (created an SA not referencing the material) -
only the positive test case triggered the wait step.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to answer my question.  This
workflow would have been a no-go without your help.  Whoot!!!!

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive
Vance, AL 35490
PHONE:  (205) 462 - 5239
EMAIL:   michael.mcley at daimler.com

wug at workflowconnections.com
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
04/07/2010 03:41 AM
Please respond to
sap-wug at mit.edu

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
Re: Wait Step for Unknown Object

Agree with Paul, that's exactly what correlations are designed for. What
may throw a spanner in the works is that the materials are at item level,
so you may need to work with a Scheduling Agreemeent item object. A less
elegant alternative is raise an event for each material when a scheduling
agreement is created.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/8d/25f07b454311d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm