can workflow container in log change?

Barr, Chris chris.barr at lmco.com
Wed Sep 30 13:15:48 EDT 2009

I have a virtual attribute, UsageDecision, on ZBUS2045 subtype of BUS2045 - Inspection Lot. In custom code an Inspection Lot is Created and then later in the code a Usage Decision is made. My workflow is triggered from the CREATED event. The first step in the workflow is a Condition Step that should just complete the workflow if UsageDecision = AIM. The Condition Step continues the workflow as if UsageDecision was NOT equal to AIM. But in the workflow log in the workflow container I see UsageDecision set to AIM. I couldn't figure out why the Condition Step would not have seen that. I have heard that the workflow container is dynamic and can change after the workflow is Completed. Which would mean that when the Condition Step executed the UsageDecision was not set yet and that's why the workflow continued. Is this true? I thought that the workflow container in the log would have been a snapshot at that point in time that it was used.

Chris Barr
Lockheed Martin - Enterprise Business Services
MD 0751
1801 State Route 17C , Owego, NY 13827
607-625-3929
chris.barr at lmco.com<mailto:chris.barr at lmco.com>