Controlling execution of branches in fork

akshay.bhagwat@wipro.com akshay.bhagwat at wipro.com
Fri Sep 11 00:01:17 EDT 2009

Hello Friends,

 We have a scenario where workflow should process multiple types of Idocs  e.g. 4 different types of IDOCs.

 So I am planning to use a fork which will wait for all these events to start processing in branches of the fork as and when these Idocs are received.

 But now the point is that the sequence of incoming Idocs is not fixed, whereas there is dependency between the execution of branches of this fork i.e. once branch 1 processing is finished, then branch 3 should be executed then branch 4 and then branch 2 etc.

>From SAP help I could infer that we should not use event creator step in one branch and wait for event in another branch of the same fork to achive this purpose.

In this case how can we achieve the dependency / synchronization of execution between branches of same fork?  (I am not sure if we can local events?)

Appreciate any inputs on this front.

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay

www.wipro.com