Workflow Substitution service - time zone problem

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetil.kilhavn at bluec.no
Thu Sep 10 02:55:46 EDT 2009

Torsdag 10. september 2009 07.10.06 skrev Yu-Young Yeom:
> I'd like to offer the Workflow substitution service to user via EP web
> potal. So I determined to use some RFCs(WAPI functions).
> Here are  lists. ================
>   * SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTE_MAINTAIN     //substitute set
>  * SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTES_GET         //Subsituted user list get
>   * SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTE_DELETE       //cancel substitute
> ==========================
> But there is a problem.
> The system what i participated is global one.
That's not a problem, that's a good thing :-)

> So when i make the Workflow Substitution Service using these RFCs, I need
> to consider User Timezone.
I would say you are looking at a non-issue. The are no time data for the
substitution period because that is "too much detail".

Why have you concluded that you need to have a substitution period with time
in addition to date? Unless your system time zone is UTC-12 and you have a lot
of users in UTC+12 my opinion is that you don't really have to worry.

Then again, this may be a real issue in Samsung, but it would be interesting
to hear why. I suppose if you really *need* time in addition to date you would
want to let the user specify time as well, i.e. modify the dialog boxes as
well as the data structures.

--
Kjetil Kilhavn (+47 40220607)
Blue Consulting AS (http://www.bluec.no)