Query/Clarification Regarding "Personal Substitution"

Shaurya Jain jain.shaurya at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 00:32:48 EDT 2009

Dear Sue,

Thanks for ur reply.

I agree with you & your clarification. I am also having same concepts
regarding the substitution as you have mentioned.

I would like to let you know that the substitution is active & also
maintained in the same way in both QA & PROD systems. I am sure there is no
problem with substitution.

But my question itself is that how it can be possible that when everything
is in place then also I cannot see workitem with substitute, as Workflow
administrator, neither in SWI5 nor in Workflow log & that substitute is
actually receiving the workitem in his SAP inbox as an active substitute of
user.

Just for your information, I was going through the previous questions of our
dear group members & I found that Mr. Himanshu has specified about the same
fact as shown in *red* below.
"*On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Himanshu Verma <himanshu.sap at gmail.com>wrote:
*

> *Hi,
>
> In substitution, if still substitution is not working... then it is
> because the user are at different hierarchy level...
>
> you can only create sub if the users are at same hieraarchy level...
> Moreover; if entry exists in HRUS_D2 then if there is any work item
> with user A it will be viewable to user B but we cannot see that in
> Workload analysis for user B...
>
> Regards,
> **HImanshu Verma.
> * **
>
> *On 9/3/08, Sandy <**maorriyan.santoso at gmail.com*<maorriyan.santoso at gmail.com>
> *> wrote:
> > Hi all.
> > We're in EP 7.0
> > I have questions with regards of substitutions.
> >
> > I created subsitution from UWL (manage substitution) for all tasks from
> user
> > A to user B.
> > I check in HRUS_D2 this entry is created but when I try to send work item
> > user A, it doesn't re-route to user B.
> > Is there any specific configuration we need to specify to be able
> > substitution works?
> >
> > My secondary question is, does the substitution in UWL/ Workflow have
> > relation with HR subtype (substitute (A/B 010) or substitutes with
> profile
> > (A/B210) ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >*"

I am not sure how true this fact is but the same scenario I faced & want to
discuss.

I want to know some logical reason for the same because I am sure that this
does not happen all the times & there should be some logic behind the same.

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Keohan, Susan - 1140 - MITLL <
keohan at ll.mit.edu> wrote:

>  Hi Shaurya,
>
> If the personal substitutes are checked as ‘active’,then workitems are also
> delivered to the substitute and you should be able to see them via SWi5.
> Otherwise, the substitute is not actually a possible agent of the workitem
> until they adopt the substitution – so you won’t see it in SWI5.  At the
> point where a non-active substitute begins execution of a workitem – they
> are then stored as an agent in the workflow logs.
>

> Are the subs in QA marked as Active and the ones in Dev not checked?  This
> would explain the discrepancy between your systems.
>

> Hope this helps,
>
> Sue

Shaurya Jain