Event linkage to instance method (ABAP-OO workflow)

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Wed Nov 18 09:49:55 EST 2009

Hello wuggies,

I'd like to link an event to a method call instead of a function module (creating a workflow instance or something else).

I have found out, that if you implemented the interface BI_EVENT_HANDLER_STATIC there's a method ON_EVENT coming up, basically offering the parameters of the receiver function module but as static method's importing paramater.

This is already somewhat workable.

However I also found the interface BI_EVENT_HANDLER that brings on instance ON_EVENT method with it, and the database table SWFDEVTYP can be set to an instance method: There's a field RECMETYP, which could be set to 'I' = Generic Instance Method.
However, I haven't found a possibility to maintain that field with transaction SWETYPV.

Has anyone of you used the event linkage to INSTANCE methods already?

With the very best wishes,
Florin