Extended Notifications ECC 6.00 guideline

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Tue May 19 06:27:37 EDT 2009

Hello dear wuggies,

I'm looking for a guideline, how to setup the Workflow Notifications SWN_SELSEN... for ECC 6.00, which is more like a summary (step/by/step) than the documentation at the SAP Library, which I'm currently studying.

I have the following challenges at hand:
- Users like to switch off (with two levels) the notifications using their own user-parameter-ID's
- Per process (one or more work items) various notification types are to be used. This is: One process has notifications, where another doesn't
- eMail adresses are taken from the user master record (I think, this is already standard)
- Failed notifications must be traceable. At least there shall be an error log available or somewhere else an admin notification
- The notification is work-item-based, but several work items should be combined (with all their different long texts) into one notification.  Uh.. gagah.

Okay, and I need this in proper word format with screenshots and step-by-step...     just kidding, ... we're not at the SDN, or?

Any ideas to the different challenges are warmly welcome,
   Florin