Multiple user assignments linked to a single user logon id in ERP

martinek jerry.martinek at shawbiz.ca
Tue May 12 14:36:57 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a problem that I'm trying to get my head around as I don't understand how something like this could work without making major changes. I understand the need for it, but not the fallout or implications.

First our installation consists of ECC 6.0 and SRM 5.0 - Extended Classic model. In the ECC 6.0 system, we're using the concurrent employment feature in the ERP HR area. Our ERP footprint is extensive, in that we're using a lot of the ERP functionality (PS, AS, MM, PM, MM, FI, FM, FX, HR, ESS, MSS.......) in the day to day operations.

Concurrent Employment is the ability for employees to concurrently have multiple active work assignments in the organization. Each assignment has its own pernr, that is linked to the appropriate position which is then linked to an appropriate org unit and so on and we also have a separate SAP logon id (PA0105-0001) for each pernr/work assignment.

>From a workflow, authorizations, audatibility, user management point of view, everything works fine. The user management is cumbersome but....

The problem is that SAP is supposedly moving towards a single SAP logon id (PA0105-0001) model for an employee( ERP central person) who has multiple concurrent active work assignments. I think effective EP4, this is allowed.

With this model, anything based on the workflow initiator or the id of the person who created/changed the object will now make it difficult to accurately find the respective managers or etc.. unless changes are made to the system to now somehow include other information to make it possible to make the correct link between user and org unit for example.

This also has impacts to how user authorizations are managed and etc...

Does anyone have any information, insight, etc.. into this new model and how it would or could work in the ERP system.

Thanks,
Jerry