Event not written to Queue

dbaitman dbaitman dbaitman at myexcel.com
Mon Mar 30 11:52:09 EDT 2009

Hello folks,

I am on an ECC 6.0/WAS 7.0 system/SAPKB70014.

I am using SWEHR1/SWEHR2 to generate an event when infotype 0002 is
created.  The event linkage is active, queued and without errors.  When a
infotype 0002 is created, I look at the Event Trace (SWEL) and I see my
event with the correct receiver found with a message "Event entered in event
queue".

The problem is, the event is never actually written to the Queue.
SWEQBROWSER - shows no event in queue.  SWEQADM shows the queue to be active
with the background job scheduled and no tasks with errors.  There are no
short dumps, RFC errors, or update terminates in the logs. (SM58, SM13,
ST22).

When I create the event using the test tool (SWUE), the event is generate
and written to the queue and the process works correctly.

When I change the event linkage to not use the event queue, the process also
works correctly.  (Receiver function called immediately rather than writting
to queue first, then queue job calls event receiver).

SWU3 is full of green checks.  The only other process using the event queue
are events with error and they are working as expected.

I've checked OSS and SDN and found nothing that seems relevant.  I did see a
post from Mike Pokraka back in 27-July-05...in the WUG but there is no
answer in the chain.

Has anybody seen/solved this problem before?  The event trace says the event
was written, all the information on the trace is correct, and no record is
actually written to the queue?

Dire Straights.
David Baitman
dbaitman at myexcel.com