Triggering workflow from Exchange

Márton Zsolt Marton.Zsolt at iqsys.hu
Tue Mar 3 05:53:24 EST 2009

Dear all,

We are in ECC 6.0 (from an 4.6C upgrade) and we are using a workflow for rfp approval in MS Exchange. The attachment is an executable exe file with two options: approve or reject.

The request is sent out from SAP as an R3F attachment and after execution in Exchange we dont receive any answer in SAP.

In 4.6c we used Exchange connector for receiving emails from outside and depending on  the answer (rejected or approved) a workflow was triggered in SAP.

Now, we have activated the smtp plugin as in note 455140, but we do not have any incoming mails yet.

I know that is an BC issue to receive emails from outside, but I'm wondering, if we will receive the answer from outlook, than the old workflows will run as in 4.6c, or do I need to carry out any conversions or rewrite the workflows?

Briefly: can the Exchange connectors functionality replaced with the SAP CONNECT in ECC 6.0 when we receive emails from Outlook?

Thanks in advance

Zsolt