[LIKELY JUNK]UWL - Restricting certain workitems

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Jun 17 19:35:47 EDT 2009

Hi Nash,

Ok well we will pass over the seriously misguided Purchase Req folk and
move on to.... yes you can do this by creating your own UWL XML
configuration files.
Start by coping uwl.standard.

Essentially what you want to do is to swap the Navigation Node pointing
to the default view to your own view which only supports the tasks you
are interested in.  If you have MSS they provide a UWL XML config file
that gives the idea.

However I would strongly suggest you try and talk them out of it because
it means every time you want to add a workflow you will have to
EXPLICITLY add EVERY task to the UWL.
It would probably be better to work through the objections to using
Purchase Req in the UWL ... i.e. move to a situation where users have
the choice to run Purchase Req in either SBWP or UWL, but encourage any
new work items to use the UWL so that you minimize support requirements.

Regards,
Jocelyn