Work item delay to UWL

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Fri Jun 12 03:52:01 EDT 2009

Vinod,
Firstly you should check the System Alias, UWL_SERVICE user and JCo Connection for your system/client are set up correctly.  If the System Alias is reasonaable but the UWL_SERVICE and JCo Connection are missing this would impair the UWL's ability to fully determine the work item information and could explain the delay.  Look for SAP Notes on keyword UWL_SERVICE if you are unsure how to set these up.

Secondly, you should turn on the UWL Delta Pull optimization to pre-fill the UWL work item cache. There are several steps involved.  Again there are SAP Notes and also a reasonably detailed list in Darren Hague's Universal Worklist book on SAP Press - which I would recommend anyway if you are fairly new to the UWL.

Thirdly the default UWL XML configuration files all set the automatic refresh time at 300 seconds - i.e. 5 minutes.
So try pressing the Refresh button yourself.   You can adjust the refresh time by adjusting the UWL XML Configuration files by changing the "refresh" property of the "DefaultView" in a copy of uwl.standard - and uploading your copy of uwl.standard in the UWL Admin area.

Regards,
Jocelyn