Extended notifications related

Karl Nietz knietz at csc.com.au
Mon Jun 8 20:31:41 EDT 2009

Ashkay,

SWN_SELSEN may run for an unacceptably long time the first time.  There
are a couple of OSS notes you can apply to see if they assist but it's
doubtful.  also you could try setting the datetime stamp using
SWN_SELSEN_TEST but I found that had no impact either.  I experienced a 10
hour run time at a recent site and was able to obviate the problem only by
exclusively using the delta filter.  Different tables are referenced
depending on whether you use FULL or DELTA, and the latter is definitely
quicker.  The volume of data in SWWWIHEAD and SWWLOGHIST greatly
influences behaviour of the program, so maybe check if archiving is in
place.  If it's not then the quick solution is to discard the FULL filter.

Karl Nietz
Senior Consultant
CSC Australia
Ph: 61 3 8695 1157
Mob: 61 434 181303

CSC - This is a private message. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the
mistake in delivery.  Note: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not
operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to
explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting
the use of e-mail for such purpose - CSC Australia Pty Limited; Registered
Office: 5B/26 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113 Australia;
Incorporated in Australia. ACN: 008 476 944

<akshay.bhagwat at wipro.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
05/06/2009 04:31 PM
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

<sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Extended notifications related

Hello Friends,

Once again I need your help / inputs on extended notification front for
following points:

1. Have observed that when SWN_SELSEN is run for the first time in the
system, it takes too long for selecting the work items from the system.
In case of DEV system it took long time, so how will it behave in case of
QA and PRD system where work item  will be large in numbers?

Do I have to do any activity / take any precaution on this front for QA
and PRD system Or am I missing something any the activity - which needs to
be done prior this configuration which will take care from performance
perspective etc?

2. Do we have to do this configuration in separately every system i.e..
DEV , QA , PRD etc? or is this config transportable from development
system?

3. Requirement is selection should happen for  3 to 4 custom tasks only .
In this case do I have to define 4 different selections schedules, since
filter takes care of specifying one task at a time...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Akshay Bhagwat
to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and
may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or
copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all
copies of this message and any attachments.
transmitted by this email.
SAP-WUG mailing list
SAP-WUG at mit.edu