ABAP class object from method to workflow containers

Sharath K ksharath77 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 13:48:43 EDT 2009

Hi Pros, I am trying to return a class object from business
object method to workflow container. I am not using this is class object in any
of my tasks, using just as parameter..

Issue-1: I am able to create a task container element , but while
creating method parameter, I cant see any options to choose ABAP class
type..the only two options are (i)ABAP Dictionary, (ii) Object type..Is it a version issue..the client is on 4.7.

Issue-2: Object reference is not passed to workflow task
container with

‘SWC_SET_ELEMENT CONTAINER 'Inv_Obj_Ref' lcl_invoice’.

Debugged the method and found a valid object reference in
method. But on above piece of code returning sy-subrc > 0. is there any
other macros to exchange in containes(task to method)..

Issue-3: I have not implemented method of interface
IF_WORKFLOW in the class..as I am not using it in workflow task.. Do I need to
implement the interface methods?

Thanks for all your input.

Regards,

Sharath.