Use of substitution to classify tasks(Arghadip Kar)

arghadip kar arghadipkar at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 04:04:30 EDT 2009

Hi Ginger

I think Substitution is heavily used by Customers who have a large number of SAP Users. I have worked in different clients both small and big and have found that if the number of Users is huge Substitution is heavily used. While providing support to huge clients we frequently receive request to maintain substitute of User's who has gone without activating his substitute. In some clients it is a mandatory law to maintain substitution while going into vacation just like we set Out of Office in Microsoft Outlook and Lotus notes.
In smaller size clients I think passive substitution is less used as we found they share SAP user Id's(Multiple person use same SAP User Id) so this features cannot be used for them. Another thing which the client sometime demands is that while doing substitution with Classification the Substitution mechanism should check whether the Substitute has the Proper Authorization to do so. I think this topic is debatable and I will go for Substitute:)))

Thanks

Arghadip Kar

SAP Workflow Expert

IBM INDIA