Error while using SWPR to restart a HCM P&F

Ibrahim Khan ikhansap at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 12:20:31 EDT 2009

Hi Friends,

We are using a custom workflow template for HCM Processes and Forms.One of
the HCM P&F worklfow went into error when the approver tried to approve the
form from UWL. The error was due to Authorization issue. We rectified the
issue and tried to restart from tcode SWPR. When we restarted the workflow
from SWPR we got a dump: "Message type " " is unknown". The following is the
error log from ST22. Have any one faced this issue before, if so please
advice what could be the issue.

Runtime Errors MESSAGE_TYPE_UNKNOWN
Date and Time 01.07.2009 12:42:13

Short text
Message type " " is unknown.

What happened?
Error in the ABAP Application Program

The current ABAP program "CL_POBJ_CASE==================CP" had to be
terminated because it has
come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

What can you do?
Note down which actions and inputs caused the error.

To process the problem further, contact you SAP system
administrator.

Using Transaction ST22 for ABAP Dump Analysis, you can look
at and manage termination messages, and you can also
keep them for a long time.