How to handle PO Approval through lotus notes?

Vijayendra Rao (Absoft) vrao at absoft.co.uk
Tue Jul 7 05:56:53 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,

We are stuck up in a design issue and would like your valuable inputs on
how to handle this situation.

Problem statement:

We need to implement a PO approval workflow for one of our client. The
users who will be approving or rejecting the PO are not SAP users and
hence do not have a SAP user id. So we cannot send the work item to the
users as they don't have a sap user id.

My Question:

In this scenario how do we handle the approval flow? We can send the
users an email from the workflow as the email ids will be maintained in
a Z table. I mean email to the non sap users. But how do we physically
approve or reject the PO. Is there a way to get the signal back from the
user via email?

System:

Our client is on ECC 5.0 version.

Kind Regards,

VJ

Vijayendra Rao

SAP Consultant

Absoft Limited

Tel: +44 (0)1224 707088

Fax: +44 (0)1224 707099

Email: vrao at absoft.co.uk <mailto:vrao at absoft.co.uk>

Web: www.absoft.co.uk <http://www.absoft.co.uk/>

Unlocking your business potential with SAP(r) Software Solutions

Absoft is a SAP(r) Business Partner providing:

- strategic advice

- full implementation services

- system development and upgrades

- system and user support

- training

The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
addressee(s) only. It may also be privileged. Please advise the sender
by telephone on +44 (0)1224 707088 if this message has been sent in
error to the wrong address and delete the message from your computer:
You may not copy or forward it, or use or disclose its contents to any
other person. We acknowledge that e-mail is not an entirely secure
medium of communication and you should be aware of this when replying.
We do not accept any liability or responsibility for (1) changes made to
this email after it was sent, or (2) viruses transmitted through this
email or any attachment. Absoft Limited, a company registered in
Scotland (Registered No. 129581) and having its registered office at
Davidson House, Campus 1, Aberdeen Science & Technology Park, Bridge of
Don, Aberdeen, AB22 8GT.