UWL - Extended Notfications

Simon, Tom Simon.Tom at aoins.com
Thu Jan 29 08:53:12 EST 2009

Jocelyn:
Thank you for the assistance.

When describing the delta pull mechanism as being optimized I believe it
means that you are able to change the default setting for retrieval of
workitems for delta pull from every 60 seconds to whatever time period
you choose based on the parameter setting you make in the UWL
Adminstration page under System Administration in the Portal.  The
Snapshot Refresh Period default is every new session.  For it to be
optimized it relies on two variants of RSWNUWLSEL.  One of the RSWNUWSEL
variants is a full pull, once per day, the other is a  delta pull, every
1, 2 or 3 minutes, etc.  The two jobs of the variants should be
scheduled to match the parameter setting in the UWL Administration Page.
The only way to get those parameters saved in the UWL Administration is
if you have the two jobs of the variants of RSWNUWLSEL released.

Do you agree with the previous post that you still need to schedule the
two variants for RSWNUWLSEL in the future 12/31/9999 for delta pull to
be optimized for EXTENDED NOTIFICATIONS .  The extended notifications
documentation for using the UWL states not to run the background job
variants for RSWNUWLSEL and schedule a background job for SWN_SELSEN.
When I deleted the two variants for RSWNUWLSEL I received a message in
the UWL Administration that delta pull was not optimized AND the
parameters for Deltal Pull Channel Refresh Period and Delta Pull
snapshot Refresh were cleared.

I just wanted to verify that in the UWL Administration the parameters
make a difference for Delta Pull Channel Refresh Period  and Deltal Pull
Snapshot Refresh Period  for EXTENDED NOTIFICATIONS and background job
of SWN_SELSEN.   If not then there is no reason to run the background
jobs of rswnuwlsel.

What do you think?

Tom Simon