Task Specific Agent Substition

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Tue Jan 20 03:22:56 EST 2009

Hello Sarath,

the good news are: Yes, it's possible.

You have to work with the "Task classification", which can be found in the Dialog-Popup that appears when you set the task properties to "General task" for example. In this popup you'll see at the bottom a drop-down box saying "Classification". Usually you should see there "NO_CLASS", "PERSONAL", "PROFESSIONAL"... something like this.

When you maintain the substitute in the SAP Business Workplace, you'll find something similar in the popup there, saying: "Profile", with a input help there that shows up "Professional", "Disciplinary",...

So: How to join the substituation profile with the classification?

1) Create a new task classification
Appl.-Server->Business Mgmt.->SAP Bus.Workflow->Basic Settings->Maintain task classes
Create a new class TC_INVOICE and give it the name "Invoice verification tasks"

2) Create a new substitution profile
In the customizing select "Define substitute profile" under Appl.-Server->Business Mgmt.->SAP Bus.Workflow->Basic Settings->Substitute Profile.
Create a new entry INVOICE  (e.g. for Invoice verification process)
Name it "Invoice verification" in the description

3) Link substitution profile to task classification
In the customizing select "Assigne substitute profile" under Appl.-Server->Business Mgmt.->SAP Bus.Workflow->Basic Settings->Substitute Profile.
Create a new entry and select in the first row INVOICE and for the classification the TC_INVOICE.

4) Classify tasks
No you're able to assign your Workflow-Tasks the classification "TC_INVOICE". Once you have done so, each user can now select INVOICE when maintaining the substitution and only those tasks that run under TC_INVOICE will be offered to the substitute for processing.

With the very best wishes,
   Florin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------