Workitem - Outlook Email subject line is limited to 50 characters

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Thu Jan 15 03:17:37 EST 2009

Hello Raja,

SAP Note 975947 isn't relevant for mail notification.
Same thing with 958426 and 1086170.

As far as I know, the notifications through the reports RSWUWFML and RSWUWFML2 are limited to 50 characters. They don't use newer sendmail interfaces, even if you corrected them through various other notes.

However, my experience with long header texts are, that the receivers aren't reading them anyways, because they had to scroll left/right or they had to widen the column. The common end user just don't read it. They insist on telling you, that they REALLY need them.

Yours,
   Florin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------