Do I need to run program RPTARQPOST for updating the backend Infotypes ?

Vijayendra Rao (Absoft) vrao at absoft.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 13:16:26 EST 2009

Hi Guys,

I am new to workflow so apologies if I am missing something here...

*         Problem Statement(Issue):

We are using Leave request through Portal and we use Workflow WS12300111

Process

1.      Leave is requested in the portal

2.      Manger gets the request in his login

3.      approves / reject the request

4.      employee gets the feed back in the portal

                The portal is updated, however if I go and see the
back-end system (Absence infotype 2001) Its not updated.

-        Later after some search on the internet, I found a program
RPTARQPOST. I executed the program RPTARQPOST and it seems to be
updating the backend.

My Question:

-         Do I need to schedule this program in the background? Is this
how workflow works on ESS?

-         Am I missing some link between the config and the workflow
development?

-         Am I using the correct workflow?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Kind Regards,

Vijay