Workflow and PDF attachments

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Mon Jan 12 19:52:19 EST 2009

Thanks Jocelyn.

I was thinking that passing the PDF form as an attachment to the email
would be a better approach...We have several workflows where we need to
send an email with the content of the form (or the form as an attachment).
 If we decide to send just the 'content', if there is any changes to any
of the forms, then we also will always need to remember to update the
SendMail step with the new data added to the form. Also, as we are using
several workflows with Forms, I thought it would be 'easier' (from an
implementation point of view) to send the form as an attachment.

Hard decision!

Thanks again for your input,

Cristiana
_________________________________
Cristiana d'Agosto
IBM Global Business Services
Mobile:  +61 417 927 224
cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com

"Dart, Jocelyn" <jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
13/01/2009 11:43 AM
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
RE: [LIKELY JUNK]RE:Workflow and PDF attachments

Well Cristiana, Best practice depends on a lot of factors.  But I would
suggest that usually we pass the data rather than the form - it's the data
that's important and should be used to drive the workflow.  Also the data
takes up less space than the form.  >From what I see of your scenario you
mainly need the form as evidence of a digital signature.  So you need to
keep a copy of the digitally signed form for audit purposes, but you may
be able to work with just the data for the rest of the process?  Think
about it and talk it through with your business process owners.

Regards,
Jocelyn