SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT and Workflow binding

Penhall, Kathy kpenhall at hydro.mb.ca
Wed Jan 7 11:47:51 EST 2009

Hello Workflow folks,

We are having a similar problem as Srinivas Oota recently posted here.
We are attempting to code an event to kick off a workflow and the
container doesn't seem to be passed to the workflow from the function
call.  Originally we just attempted to copy the SAP logic in
LHRTEM00NETF53 to generate the event PDRELA_025.MOVED where approriate,
by copying the code used when PDRELA_025.MOVEREQUESTED is generated,
which uses function SWE_EVENT_CREATE.  However when we did this, our
moved event was not being generated, despite the fact that this same
code still works for the moverequested event.

So as Jocelyn suggested, we changed our code to use function
SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT and have populated the container with the data
required by the workflow.  The event is now generated, but the values in
the container don't appear to have been passed to the workflow even
though the return code from the function is 0 and the only message
generated by the function call is "Event created - at least one receiver
found".    I confirmed the fields were not populated by running
SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER as suggested and found the two container
elements I defined and populated for the event function call are in the
container, but not populated as I would have expected them to be.

Any suggestions on what we might be missing?

Kathy Penhall
HR Applications
SAP Support Services
693 Taylor Avenue