Terminating event changes status to Executed not Completed

David Baitman dbaitman at myexcel.com
Fri Feb 27 09:41:05 EST 2009

Any ideas are welcome, otherwise I'll share what I find.

ECC 6.0 running HR.  Basis release is 7.0 (SAPKB70014).

I have a workflow template that triggers a dialog synchronous task.  The
task has the "confirm end of processing" option selected.  A terminating
event is also configured.  However, when the terminating event occurs, the
work item changes to status "Executed" instead of "Completed."  (The
background status is actually "Committed").

I have turned on the event trace, and the correct instance linkage receiver
is found.

The interesting part is that I run SWUE to manually create the event and if
I choose the "Trigger receiver FM synchr" option, the status correctly
changes from Ready to Completed.  However, if I leave that option unchecked
the work item changes from Ready to Executed.  The same is true if I execute
(via SE37) SAP_WAPI_WORKITEM_COMPLETE...asynchronous (Ready to Executed),
synchronous (Ready to Completed).

According to the online help
<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/c5/e4b590453d11d189430000e
829fbbd/frameset.htm> , the work item should be set to complete regardless
of the "confirm end of processing" flag so I can only assume this is a
bug...or I've missed something very obvious.

It was suggested to me by the same kind soul who told me about this user
group that I try putting the terminating event in a parallel branch in the
flow.  If that doesn't help, I will create a Z receiver function that calls
SAP_WAPI_WORKITEM_COMPLETE and if the NEW_STATUS is COMMITTED, I'll call it
again.  Testing has shown this to work.

In any case, I'll let the group know what I find.  If you have any other
advice...please let me know.

Finally...this is my first posting on this user group.  If I didn't follow
proper etiquette please let me know...I tried to follow the advice of the
wiki.

Regards,

David Baitman