Delivery selection & Schedule selection in Extended Notif. Config.

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Feb 23 22:55:37 EST 2009

Hi Stefan,

For first time use of Extended Notifications my usual recommendation is
to set your selection and delivery schedules the same - e..g Monday to
Friday 6:00 to 17:00, every 60 minutes.  I would then use transaction
SM37 as usual to schedule the SWN_SELSEN job to match - i.e. to run
hourly.

You don't really need to get into differing schedules unless you have
one of the following scenarios...
A) Have critical tasks that need notifications created and sent more
frequently
B) Need multiple selection and delivery schedules e.g. because of A)
C) Are dealing with large volumes of work items / users and want to
spread out the load

By the way... Very interesting tip Rick about the twice as frequent
scheduling - hadn't come across that one.

Regards,
Jocelyn