SAP_WAPI_WORKITEM_COMPLETE versus asynchronous steps

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Feb 19 20:49:05 EST 2009

Hi Carolyn,

No - there are many good and valid reasons for using asynchronous
methods vs. synchronous methods - it's not a lesser approach or an
outmoded approach.
A terminating event is often the best way of knowing your changes are
really complete - especially if those changes have been applied in an
update task controlled logical unit of work - i.e. separate to the
dialog transaction itself.

SAP_WAPI_WORKITEM_COMPLETE is there to handle situations where you need
to create special handling - e.g. for mass handling of work items, or to
add extra features to UWL work items.

Think of it this way: You may never need to use the WAPI but you will
definitely still use asynchronous tasks.

Regards,
Jocelyn