Events not getting triggered. [Scanned]

Srinivasan Ramanan r_m_n_n at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 13:22:27 EST 2009

Hi , I have just copied the answer from SAP support...below in quotes.

my question to SAP support was:

<<

Preliminary posting txn FB50 does not park the document

Answer is:
<<
First of all let me say that txn. FB50 is a POSTING transaction (withparking functionality), but not intended to trigger a workflow.This does txn. FV50 (or FV60 etc.): PARKING documents, but with postingfunctionality under certain circumstances.Users to create new FI documents therefore should be given onlyauthorization for the ENJOY PARKING transactions.>>

And I am using copies of std SAP wfs 10000051 to 54 and all three levels are working perfect with correct customzings in OBWx transactions.

Hope this helps.
Reg
Ramanan

Subject: RE: Events not getting triggered. [Scanned]Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:52:12 +0000From: vrao at absoft.co.ukTo: sap-wug at mit.edu

To be more specific. We are on SAP 4.6B version and trying to trigger a workflow on the event FIPP à CREATED when a GL document is parked using FB50 transaction. Currently the system does not trigger any event once the document is parked.

Kind Regards,
VJ

Vijayendra Rao
SAP Consultant

Absoft Limited
Tel: +44 (0)1224 707088
Fax: +44 (0)1224 707099
Email: vrao at absoft.co.uk
Web: www.absoft.co.uk

Unlocking your business potential with SAP® Software Solutions

Absoft is a SAP® Business Partner providing:
- strategic advice
- full implementation services
- system development and upgrades
- system and user support
- training

The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s) only. It may also be privileged. Please advise the sender by telephone on +44 (0)1224 707088 if this message has been sent in error to the wrong address and delete the message from your computer: You may not copy or forward it, or use or disclose its contents to any other person. We acknowledge that e-mail is not an entirely secure medium of communication and you should be aware of this when replying. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for (1) changes made to this email after it was sent, or (2) viruses transmitted through this email or any attachment. Absoft Limited, a company registered in Scotland (Registered No. 129581) and having its registered office at Davidson House, Campus 1, Aberdeen Science & Technology Park, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, AB22 8GT.

From: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of Vijayendra Rao (Absoft)Sent: 09 February 2009 16:37To: SAP Workflow Users' GroupSubject: Events not getting triggered. [Scanned]

Hi,

Do we need to activate some global settings for events? Looks like in our system there are no events triggered. I have run SWELS and switched on the event trace and later run report SWEL but there are no entries in the system. Is there anything I am missing?  Do I need to activate some global setting to switch on the events?

Kind Regards,
VJ

Vijayendra Rao
SAP Consultant