Change of Object key length

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Mon Feb 2 02:41:10 EST 2009

Hi Wayne,

yes, instance 00001 <> 000000001 as there's a character-by-character comparison and the instances are left-justified, counting zeroes.

To get your old instances closed correctly (regarding the event couplings), you'll need to create a workaround for a while with an additional event coupling  ZBUS_OBJ.<for-each-event> and a check function module for STRLEN( objkey ) = 10 and a receiver function module that resends the event for objkey+5(5). You can write generic function modules and link them in each event you'd need.

After a while when all previous instances are completed, you should deactivate these event linkages again.

Best wishes,
   Florin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------