Terminating events not getting triggered

Gardiner, Keith (Insurance & Investor Services) Keith.Gardiner at capita.co.uk
Fri Aug 7 11:11:40 EDT 2009

Hi Tim,

If the event is being triggered but is not having the desired effect
then if your task is not a synchronous task, then a terminating event on
the task will not work. You will need to create a parallel path in the
workflow itself with the terminating event within that path. This will
bypass the task and carry on the workflow as required.

Regards

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf
Of Tim Price
Sent: 07 August 2009 14:07
To: SAP Workflow Users' Group
Subject: Terminating events not getting triggered

Hi,

I have a question about terminating events.

SAP release 4.7

I have created a bespoke workflow, with various task, these tasks are
triggered when certain statuses are set in the sales order (status
management is turned on).
There is a status that triggers "Sales order is complete" workflow
task when everything is finished in the sales order.

If a new item is added to the sales order, a workflow event NEW ITEM
is triggered and I want to delete the "Sales order is complete"
workflow task (assuming it hasn't been completed).
I have set up a terminating event (NEW ITEM ) on "Sales order is
complete" workflow task. I can see the instance linkage in transaction
SWEINST. ( BUS2032 NEW ITEM Workitem type linkage activated and event
queue is not enabled)

My understanding is that when ever event NEW ITEM is triggered for
sales order 123, any outstanding "Sales order is complete" workflow
tasks for sales order 123 are terminated. However this is not the case.

When I look in transaction SWEL, should I see the instance linkage
event, because I cannot! This is my testing

1.	Create sales order 123 and complete everything so that "Sales
order
is complete" workflow task is created.
2.	Add a new item to sales order 123, event NEW ITEM is triggered
(which can be seen in the event trace), a workflow starts, as
expected, but the above step is not terminated.

I have created an event manually using SWUO and I get the same results
as above.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Many thanks
Tim