Using BOR Object as Attribute In ABAP Class

Stevens, Seth Seth.Stevens at anadarko.com
Wed Apr 15 16:26:09 EDT 2009

I am creating a custom workflow for our marketing group using ABAP
Classes.  The main class I am dealing with is called ZCL_MKT_TRADE.  We
do not have HR implemented and subsequently use BOR object USR01 for
agent assignments in many custom workflows and have a lot of custom
methods and attributes of use to this workflow.

I need to use the trader (user) for several things in the workflow so I
created an attribute on ZCL_MKT_TRADE called TRADER_BOR_OBJ that is of
type BOR Object USR01 as outlined in Jocelyn's SDN BLOG.  I want to use
the trader for the agent assignment on a given workitem.  I use
"Expression" and then select
&ZCL_MKT_TRADE.TRADER_BOR_OBJ.NAMEWITHLEADINGUS& as the expression.
This is available in the dropdown but when I choose it I get an error
saying "NAMEWITHLEADINGUS is not a component of data object
TRADER_BOR_OBJ".

Is it not possible to accomplish what I am trying to do here?  I can
always have the trader attribute on my class simply store the userid of
the trader and then instantiate a separate USR01 BOR Object in my
workflow container to host all the trader details; however, my first
idea seems like better design.

Thanks,
Seth