UWL Delta Pull

Karl Nietz knietz at csc.com.au
Thu Apr 9 01:29:26 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I'm trying to institute the delta-pull mechanism for a UWL to read WI's
from the backend ECC6 system.  Service user UWL_SERVICE is defined in both
the portal and the ECC6 system.  In the back-end the three necessary roles
are assigned and the two jobs for full and delta are running under userid
UWL_SERVICE.  In the portal UWL_SERVICE has sap_all authorisations.  The
SAP-logon ticket is being used.  When I attempt to add the interval
parameters of 60 and 1440 in the UWL iview configuration I receive the
error message 'The backend of system systemname etc  is not configured for
optimised delta pull.'

Re-registration of the system and clearing of cache works successfully,
and I used the online SDN help and Darren Hague's book to check the
process but still get the error.  Seem I'm missing something or doing it
out-of-sequence.  Any ideas?

Karl Nietz