ABAP Objects - Super/SubClass Inheritance of Interface Methods

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Tue Apr 7 10:00:03 EDT 2009

Yes, the lack of interfaces is a shame. It means you need to do some clever
stuff with the LPOR methods to ensure the correct object type is presented
in all cases since you cannot redefine static methods in subclasses.

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:23:19 +0800, "Dart, Jocelyn" <jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
wrote:
> Hi Mike/Florin,
>
> Please remember that Delegation only refers to BOR objects and only
permits
> one subtype to one supertype relationship.
>
> With ABAP Objects with use narrowing/widening cast e.g. by adjusting the
> options in the bindings (by pressing the arrow head button in the binding
> window).  This allows the use of many subtype/supertype relationships.
The
> only thing we don't use is ABAP Interfaces - you need to do class to
class
> bindings.
>
> Regards,
> Jocelyn