Magically Encapsulated ABAP Objects in WorkFlow

Michael McInerney michaelm at duke.edu
Mon Apr 6 14:28:30 EDT 2009

 Perhaps I was naïve

Given I have set up a usual ABAP class ZCL_WIDGET, and implemented simple IF_WORKFLOW Interface  methods LPOR and FIND_BY_LPOR Methods,

I can

Create a variable "LO_WIDGET"  in the workflow container as type CL ZCL_WIDGET

Run a task  that runs a ZCL_WIDGET.CREATEINSTANCE method (as in Jocelyn's Blog) that populates this variable in the wf container  ,

(for future discussion, the ZCL_WIDGET class has an attribute named COUNTER, which is initialized to 0 upon instantiation.)

This works.

At this point, I thought I would magically have a fully encapsulated (ie with data) object to use throughout the rest of the workflow.

I thought I could then set up another task which runs the CL ZCL_WIDFGET increment_Counter method

Then, I thought, if I bound  LO_WIDGET into and out of WI_OBJID of a task implementing the INCREMENT_COUNTER method, I expected to wind up with LO_WIDGET in the workflow container with a COUTER ATTRIBUTE whose value was 1

This does not work for me (in this simple form)  - is it intended to  (I'm beginning to think its not)?

Or will I have to set up a persitant widget class and change the find_by_lpor to first get_persitant else create_persitant  (which will take som eof the magic out of it)?

Thanks.

.Mike

Mike McInerney - Duke University - (919)684-5371