Dynamic Work Item Priority

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Wed Sep 3 03:40:02 EDT 2008

Hello Sandy,

the element for the workflow/item priority is &_WF_PRIORITY& but this element is not available as a normal import parameter to the work item.

When I was on SAP Enterprise 4.70 I tried to achieve a dataflow into this element to have a switch on Express/Non-Express work items, based on a flag/check-box that the users could set upon creating the workflow object.
It turned out not to be working at all, either to use a variable or to modify the dataflow to set the priority dynamically.
What I did in the end was, to create two steps in the workflow with a condition above, like "IF &EXPRESS& = 'X' ..." and on the step-level of the workflow pattern I set the priority to 1 and on the other thread I've used the normal priority.
It's not the one that I liked, but anyway I could offer a basic switch for Express/Non-Express, with the drawback to add a condition step before (every) dialog task.

Maybe there're more options using SAP ECC 6.00/7.00 version.

Best wishes,
Florin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------