Solution manager workflow issue

Raju Omkaram romkaram at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 14:25:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have developed a custom workflow since there is no standard one for
solution manager document approval using digital signature. I am able to
raise the event SolManDoc.Signature_process_start however the workflow is
not getting instantiated properly.  Workflow is getting triggered correctly
but no content in the container. If I run the workflow as a standalone by
passing both physical and logical file attributes the approval process works
just fine and I am able to perform digital signature approval process.

Looks like the way the event is being raised seems to be the issue. SAP
raises the event in a FM that is called in an update task mode and without
an explicit commit in the code. I executed the FM separately and passed both
the keys it created the container with keys and  it raised the event but WF
container is empty. Do you think different LUWs causing the issue?

 The code is very simple and straight forward. See below

INCLUDE <cntn01>.

INCLUDE <swfcntn01>.

DATA:

bor_obj TYPE swc_object,

BEGIN OF KEY,

PHYSICALDOCUMENT LIKE SA01PHIO-PHIO_ID,

LOGICALDOCUMENT LIKE IWB0LOIO-LOIO_ID,

END OF KEY.

key-physicaldocument = PHIO.

key-logicaldocument = LOIO.

swc_create_object bor_obj 'SOLMANDOC' KEY.

swc_container container.

swc_create_container container.

swc_raise_event bor_obj 'SIGNATURE_PROCESS_START' container.

 I do not have developer key to copy the FM and remove the update task mode
to test the workflow.

I searched the OSS notes but I could not find anything relevant to my issue.

Environment Details:

SAP_BASIS  700             0015   SAPKB70015  SAP Basis Component
SAP_ABA     700             0015   SAPKA70015 Cross-Application Component
PI_BASIS    2006_1_700   0005   SAPKIPYM05 Basis Plug-In (PI_BASIS)
2006_1_700
ST-PI           2005_1_700   0006 SAPKITLQI6 SAP Solution Tools Plug-In
SAP_BW  700 0017 SAPKW70017 SAP NetWeaver BI 7.0
SAP_AP 700 0011 SAPKNA7011 SAP Application Platform
BBPCRM 500 0011 SAPKU50011 BBPCRM
CPRXRPM 400 0011 SAPK-40011INCPRXRPM SAP xRPM/cProjects/cFolders 4.00 (ABAP)

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Raju Omkaram