Event Activation/Deactivation

Penhall, Kathy kpenhall at hydro.mb.ca
Mon Oct 27 10:25:41 EDT 2008

Hello all,

We are on ECC 6.0 and have been processing training requests via
workflow prior to and since our upgrade in October 2007.  We book
original training requests using WS01200151 which is generated by the
event PDRELA_025-REQUESTED when training is requested by employees in
ESS.  Late last week this event seems to have been deactivated in our
production landscape - no transports had been moved and it happened
mid-morning.  One user who was booking a number of training requests
said he'd done it one minute, and it stopped working the next.

Normally we activate events in DEV via transaction PFTC and create a
transport to move the event activation forward through our landscape and
into PRD.  I realize how easy it is to deactivate an event in this way
in any system, and as a result very few people have access to the
transaction in production.  I was happy to discover I could re-activate
the event directly in production (seems to me I could not do this in
version 4.6C), so we did this and all was right with the world again.
Then we attempted to find out who had run transaction PFTC between the
time the event stopped working and when it was "fixed".  The only
evidence we found was that the event had been re-activated by me.

So my question is, how else might this event have been de-activated?  Or
should we have done our investigation before we "fixed" the problem?
Your help solving this mystery is appreciated.

Kathy Penhall
HR Applications
SAP Support Services
Manitoba Hydro