ECC 6 - New SWWWIDH fields including 'Status'

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 14 10:17:30 EDT 2008

Hello fellow WUGgers,

As part of our upgrade testing we've spotted a few new fields on the Workflow Deadlines table SWWWIDH that have crept in without any explanation or warning:

WI_TIMESTAMP      SWW_TSTAMP  DEC   21    7     Workflow: UTC Time Stamp
TIMESTAMP         TIMESTAMPL  DEC   21    7     UTC Time Stamp in Long Form (YYYYMMDDhhmmssmmmuuun)
RETRY_CNT         SWW_RETCNT  NUMC  2     0     Retries for Work Items with Temporary Errors
ALERT_SEND        SWW_ALTSND  CHAR  1     0     Workflow: Alert Sent
RNDNUMBER         SWF_RNDNUM  NUMC  2     0     Workflow: Random Number
STATUS            SWW_DEASTA  NUMC  2     0     Workflow: Status of SWWWIDH Entry

The one that caught my eye was the new 'Status' field, which currently has two possible values 1 (Active) and 2 (Error).

During some of our test we've noticed the odd '2' value creeping in which seems to mark the deadline for death so that it is completely ignored by the SWWDHEX job.

Has anyone got any info on what these new fields are used for?

The 'Random Number' field is also a bit curious. I haven't trawled through SAP's ABAP Classes yet to find out what it's for but it strikes me as some kind of load-balancing or performance tweak, possibly for parallel streaming.

If anyone knows otherwise can they share their knowledge please? :)

Regards,

Mike GT