Block Step Type for Dynamic Parallel Processing with End

Schmidt, Jake (SN) jake.schmidt at spiritaero.com
Thu Oct 9 23:28:53 EDT 2008

Hi Ramki,

I've successfully used end conditions on blocks.  What block type are
you using?

Thanks
Jake Schmidt
Spirit Aerosystems

-----------------------
Message: 1
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:30:26 -0400
From: Ramki Maley <rmaley at erpworkflow.com>
Subject: Block Step Type for Dynamic Parallel Processing with End
	Condition
To: "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

Hello folks,

Has any one successfully implemented this feature? I am on ECC 6.0 with
SAPKA70014 & SAPKB70014

The Workflow Builder states the following in the Parallel Processing Tab
for a Block:

How do you use multiple elements for parallel processing?
You can specify dynamic parallel processing by using a multiline
container element. A processing instance is created at runtime for each
line of the multiline container element. All processing instances are
executed simultaneously.

A container element <name_multiline_containerelement>_LINE is created
automatically in the local container of the block or in the work item
container of the step. At runtime, this contains the lines of the
multiline container element that is to be processed.

You can define an end condition for dynamic parallel processing. This is
checked once one of the parallel processing branches has been processed.

I set the end condition within the block. The problem is when the End
Condition is satisfied, Block does not end and the other incomplete
parallel work items are not logically deleted. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Ramki.