HR workflows for ESS -MSS scenarios

David Trant david_trant at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 07:41:18 EDT 2008

If you are using the slightly-older PCR (Personnel Change Request) approach, check out the following:

WS50000042 Process Change Request (0) -- this is for no approvals
WS50000041 Process Change Request (1) -- this includes one approval
WS50000031 Process Change Request (2) -- this includes two approvals

We used these as guides and created an approval subworkflow to allow for dynamic table-driven approvals.  With PCRs, the standard workflows simply send a work item to an HR administrator to perform updates, so you must write your own BDCs, etc., to update the back end if you want that part automated.
If you are using the newer HCM (Human Capital Management), which provides much more back-end update capability, then check out the following help link as a starting point:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/2f/d7844205625551e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

We were unable to proceed with HCM, so others may have more detailed suggestions if that's the route you're taking.  Be sure to search the archives.  Jocelyn and others have contributed some good HCM information in previous threads.

Good luck!
David