Reg: Shopping Cart Workflow - Added Approver - SRM 550 SAPKIBKT11

krishna mohan geniuskittu at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 20:13:17 EST 2008

Hi,

I am currently working on Shopping Cart Approval Process Workflow and doing some sort of feasibility of my client's requirement. Though the requirement seems to be bit complex with a max of 12 levels of approvals with lot of execeptional cases, i am checking the feasibility of this considering BADI based N-step 14000133 and a custom workflow based on WS10000031 to extend it for required number of approvals.

So, far it looked like going with custom workflow based on WS10000031 ( to extend it for rquired number of approvals) is going to make my life bit easy!!

However as expected, i am getting stuch with Ad-hoc functionality. I did everything required to have ad-hoc functionality and its working fine, meaning my approval preview shows all the agents correctly, no problem with it. But when i try to use 'Add Approver' functionality ( i did include Ad-hoc anchor step based on WS10000271 - similar to what exist in WS10000031)

a. I am able to find the approver and when i click on Transfer its correctly showing in the approval preview
b. However after adding the new approver ( after approver2)  i.e added approval, as requester i am clicking on 'Change' ( I am not sure if i really have to click on 'Change'  - even if i dont clikc on 'Change' after approver2's action is completed, the newly added approver is not shown in approval preview and workitem is also not going to him)
c. In case when i click on 'Change' - wait for changed event is killing my original workflow instance and based on security level it is starting a new workflow instance and the newly added approver ( ofcourse) is not there in this new instance.

So, in nutshell, i am not able to get the 'Added Approver' functionality work correctly. Note that, i am using a workflow which is very similar to WS10000031 so i have all the necessay ad-hoc anhor steps for added approval step.

Any guess, where is it going wrong? i checked in OSS messages as well but did not find anything suitable.

Feel free to throw your hints/clues.

Regards
Krishna Mohan Dubbaka

SAP Workflow Consultant