Another WS12300111 Question - Change Leave Request and PTREQ_STATUS_TRA

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Thu May 22 04:47:38 EDT 2008

Hi all,

the leave request has been a massive headache in my life! And I have
placed the same question in SDN...one can only hope!

We are in ECC 6.0 / EP 7

I have copied the WS12300111 because we want to have the leave details as
part of the text of the work item that is sent to the manager. So I have
also copied the task TS12300097 (Approval Process step). The task that
retrieves the leave details has been placed after step 'Processing of
Request - Approval Required' and before step "Approval Process".

I have linked the leave types to have my workflow triggered for new leave
request, change of leave request and for delete leave request.

When the employee changes the leave request e.g. changes the end date of
the leave request, I would like to have the updated leave details to be
part of the work item text. That does not happen. The workflow is not
're-triggered' at all when the employee changes the leave request that has
not been approved yet.

When the employee deletes a leave request that has not been approved, then
the same workflow that was triggered before 'continues' and the workflow
gets completed (that's exactly what i expected to happen - no issues
here).

I have the impression that the issue with the 'change leave request' can
be related to the way table PTREQ_STATUS_TRA, but I am not 100% sure.

Has anyone successfully implemented the scenario where a leave request
change 'continues' the workflow?

Any ideas are more than welcome. I would really appreciate some input - I
am sure a lot of people has had to implement the 'new' Leave Request
workflow.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/hints/tips.

Cheers

Cristiana